TERMS & CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS
1. The parts we supply should have a professional and qualified mechanic install them.
2. All parts we ship are shipped via the lowest cost route. We use Royal Mail and DPD. Parts are sent using a trackable courier service. Shipping charges are calculated at the point of order and is dependant on the volumetric weight or actual weight (whichever is the highest) of the product purchased and the destination. Deliveries will usually be made on Mondays to Fridays (unless a Saturday pre-noon delivery has been requested) between 9am and 5pm. We realise that occasionally we may try to deliver an order and you (or the intended recipient) may not be available. Each time an attempt is made, the courier will leave a card at the delivery address confirming that they have attempted delivery. Couriers delivering will require a signature before goods are handed over. If couriers have attempted delivery on more than one occasion and retained the goods for collection they will eventually return undelivered goods to the sender. Outward and return costs will be charged to purchaser if insufficient address details were given or purchaser was not available to receive goods or refused delivery.
3. We reserve the right to change our prices without notice. Ordered parts need to be pre-paid by either credit card or wire transfer or cheque. We will quote a total price including tax and shipping prior to a firm order being accepted. During delivery, if the package is refused by recipient they will be liable for any import taxes/return costs. If a deposit is made for an ordered part we reserve the right to retain that deposit in the event of the order being cancelled.
4. We are not responsible for manufacturer’s unforeseen problems and delays due to holidays etc.
5. Damage in transit has to be notified immediately in accordance with shipping company terms and conditions of carriage. Couriers have strict time limits on reporting of missing/damaged items. If reporting is outside of these times they will normally reject any claim for compensation.
6. Complaints need to be emailed to us within 24 hours of receiving the item/items. We will either replace or repair defective items. We can not be held liable for anything except the replacement or repair of warranted items. Any parts received damaged or shipments of parts where something is missing have to be reported directly on receipt.
7. Customer is responsible for all duties/taxes applicable in their own country.
8. If at any stage you wish to cancel a ‘Made To Order’ item from your order you will be subject to a cancellation fee of 50% of the price you paid for the item.
9. Returning An Item – Your item must be in its original unused condition to be returned, unless there is a manufacturer defect. Items should also be returned in the original packaging where possible. If you wish to return the item/s you must notify us in writing within 7 working days after the date of receiving them. Any items that are Made to Order items are non-returnable and non-refundable. Before returning your item/s please email email@example.com to let us know your reasons for return. We will then inform you of the address where the item needs to be returned to. Please include in your package a signed letter stating the reason for your return.
10. Return Exceptions – Any item that is not in its original unused condition will not be accepted for return or exchange. Any items that are ‘Made to Order’ are non-returnable and non-refundable.
11. Restocking Fee – All items are subject to a 10% restocking fee, this will be deducted from your refund. We also do not refund the original shipping and handling that you paid on the order.
12. Exchanges – If your item is in its original unused condition when we receive it, you may exchange your item for a new/correct one. You will not be subject to a restocking fee in this case, but you will still have to pay for the return shipping of the item.
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. These conditions of sale form the entirety of the contract between us (hereinafter called the Company) and the Purchaser. No other condition may be varied, waived, altered or inserted without the consent in writing of the Company.
2. It is an implied term in all quotations and all order acknowledgements, that all necessary specifications, instructions and information shall have been supplied by the Purchaser. Delivery dates and prices may be adjusted by the Company to allow for any delay in the supply of specifications, instructions or information required from the Purchaser. If incorrect or insufficient information is given with any order, the company will not be liable for a refund or replacement. The company will be as helpful as possible in helping the purchaser at their expense.
3. The Purchaser will ensure that the goods as ordered are fit for the purpose required. The goods are supplied without any guarantee or warranty save that they are in accordance with the specification or description shown as may be applicable.
4. The Company shall not be liable for any delay arising from circumstances beyond its control or which make it impractical for it to complete the order in time or at all. In particular, we shall not be liable for the consequences of war, civil disturbance, and acts of government, acts of God, industrial disputes or shortages of supplies or labour.
5. The Company shall not be liable for any consequential or indirect losses whatsoever.
6. Unless otherwise stated in the order acknowledgement, the price charged shall be the price ruling at the date of dispatch for each item supplied, and if the goods, or any other part of the goods are purchased by the Company at a price higher than the price ruling at the date of order acknowledgement, the Company may adjust the price accordingly. Prices quoted in a different currency may be increased by the Company to compensate for exchange losses to the Company. Unless otherwise stated prices are quoted ex works.
7. Payment shall be made in advance for any order. Where payment is made by credit card and payment is not honoured the Purchaser will be liable for the balance and any costs involved. The company reserves the right to refuse a purchase, with a credit card, if certain security criteria are not met. If the company suspects a problem we will request payment by alternative means, other than credit cards. We have credit limits on credit card purchases and will ask for an alternative form of payment. On special orders and large orders a 50% non-returnable deposit is levied. Fraudulent use of a credit card will be reported to the authorities that could result in prosecution.
8. With multiple part orders the shipping is included and relates to the complete order being sent at one time.
9. Goods sent by the Purchaser to the Company shall remain at the risk of the Purchaser, even though in the possession of the Company as long as they are the property of the Purchaser.
10. Payment shall be due when the Company is able and willing to deliver the goods, notwithstanding that the Purchaser may refuse or defer delivery and such goods shall, so long as they are held by or on behalf of the Company be stored at the risk and cost of the Purchaser. The Company may at its discretion, 14 days after giving notice to the Purchaser of the intention to do so, dispose of the whole or any part of the goods and set off the proceeds of disposal, if any, against any liability of the Purchaser to the Company.
11. Contracts may not be cancelled by the Purchaser without the written consent of the Company. Many parts are ‘made to order’ and cannot be cancelled once manufacturing has begun. The Purchaser will be liable for all costs incurred by the Company in connection with the cancelled contract.
12. If a deposit is made for an ordered part the company reserve the right to retain that deposit in the event of the order being cancelled. Parts will be dispatched to the customer when full payment has been received
13. All parts displayed in pictures do not necessarily show an accurate representation of the finish of parts supplied. Frames are supplied in a raw metal finish and all glass fibre parts come in an unpainted finish unless previously stated.
14. If there is any dispute about these conditions the laws apertaining to the United Kingdom will apply
15. RD Custombikes LTD is not a representative of any motorcycle manufacturer and the parts we sell are not necessarily recommended by any motorcycle manufacturer. All words used in our catalogues denoting any motorcycle manufacturer, models, motorcycles are intended for reference only. Although our replacement parts are not original factory equipment, our intention is to provide quality replacement parts that meet or exceed standards set by the manufacturer. The installation of some parts may void or adversely affect your factory warranty or insurance conditions. Always check with the relevant country laws that installation of parts does not violate these regulations.
None of the parts or accessories, except where specifically indicated as being officially licensed, are manufactured or endorsed by Harley Davidson®. The words Fat Boy, Wide Glide, Dyna, Dyna Glide, Softail, Heritage Softail, Sportster, Panhead, Ironhead, EVO, Evolution, and Twin Cam, are trademarks of Harley-Davidson and are for reference purposes only. The following are model designations for Harley-Davidson are also trademarks of the Harley Davidson corporation and are used for reference purposes only. FL, FLH, FLHS, FLHT, FLHTC, FLSTC, FLSTF, FLT, FLTC, FXB, FXDB, FXDG, FXLR, FXR, FXRC, FXRD, FXRDG, FXRS, FXRSE, FXRS-SP, FXRT, FXSB, FXST, FXSTC, FXSTS, FXWG, XL, XLCH, XLH 883, XLH 1200, XLR, XLS, XLT, XLX, AND XR. All other brand names used in this catalog are the property of their respective owners.
We continually inspect and try to improve our products. All parts have been inspected prior to packaging and our guarantee is limited to replacement of defective parts. This guarantee is in lieu of all other guarantees or warranties implied or expressed. Because we cannot control the application of our products, the buyer assumes risk for any and all damage caused to himself or a third party by virtue of failure of these parts. We make no warranty as to products distributed by us expressed or implied, including without limitation any warranties or merchant-ability and fitness for a particular purpose. We will, however, pass on all warranties made by the manufacturer, who has sole responsibility for performing such warranties. We reserve the right to examine any product before replacement or repair.
Due to the unstable nature of foreign exchange rates and the high inflation rate in our own economy, prices are subject to change without notice. Please check your invoice for current prices, as they may differ from the published price list.